This theme is dedicated to the development based on renewable resources, where the focus is on agriculture, both plant and animal (livestock – fisheries wealth), new and renewable energies and transfer industry of associated with agricultural products. Thus, the agricultural sector, indisputably, turns into the leading sector and the engine of the economy of Sudan. It contributes – both plant and animal – about 31.3% of GDP, and more than 70% of the total population depends on it in the provision of their food. It accommodates more than 57% of the workforce. Agriculture is also linked to front and strong rear relations with other sectors in the countryside in the areas of agro-industry, providing inputs of the industrial sector such as oils, sugar, and textile. Agriculture, above all, represents a service social and economic dynamism for all sectors and segments of society (local and global transportation services – movement of markets – export).The agricultural sector is the basic foundation for achieving sustainable development and food security of the country.
Work in this themes achieved through the existing bodies and institutions that will be stimulated and motivated to act and provide them with consultation. Investors (locally and abroad) will be prompted to set up projects, in itiate informal initiatives to consolidate the capacity of the Sudanese economy, open channels of finance and agricultural credit in the area of industry and develop the national private sector to become a private sector of superior capacity that integrates the elements and components of production with high efficiency and competitiveness in the domestic and overseas markets.
The institution is focusing on accomplishing an analytical vision of the reality of the economic development that shows the strengths and weaknesses, challenges and opportunities, It is developing strategy for the development of the local private sector and prepare it for the stage. The detailed studies and practical suggestions will be developed as to the method of the integration of the private and public sector and quasi-government. Also the detailed studies will be completed for each area or issue of work-related economic development addressing the existing challenges, offer the possible practical solutions, allow technical and financial feasibility studies, and provides consultation and information, such that the institution turns into a national non-profit expert firm.
1. Achieve the highest productivity and quality of agricultural products and increase the return of economic, environmental and social basis in line with the sustainability of agricultural resources, and increase the national income.
2. Achieve social peace by sustainable rural development, the preservation of natural resources, good management, and the expansion of the productive structure.
3. Achieve water and food security, improve household income and reduce poverty in rural and urban areas.
4. Increase productivity and raise the efficiency of production and agro-processing.
5. Development of plant and animal exports, and maximize the contribution of the agricultural sector in Sudan foreign trade.
6. Generate employment opportunities for the citizens, increase per capita income and achieve balanced development of all regions of the country to encourage stability in the rural areas.
7. Development and protection of natural resources in order to ensure sustainability and renewal of its productivity.
1. Introduce the latest technical systems, observe the international standards, the ability to compete with foreign markets by reducing the cost of production and linking up with global competition, the devise high quality products, and adopt professional promotional plans to put Sudan within the ranks of the most advanced and sophisticated countries (Trade shows).
2. Support the implementation of manufacturing of modern irrigation systems, such as pivot irrigation. drip irrigation and other modern irrigation systems. Develop other types of irrigation systems suited to Sudan.
3. Update farming methods, produce improved seeds, support the use of technology packages, spread agricultural mechanization in all stages of agricultural process, and expand agriculture in greenhouses.
4. Raise the capacity of producers by assisting them to adopt new technologies, restructure their organizations to attain a qualitative transformation, raise production efficiency, raise the capacity of workers and institutions to lead the agricultural production, evaluation and follow-up projects and agricultural policies.
5. Local capacity building with respect to various production input rather than relying on imports by supporting the establishment of industry in the production of fertilizers, pesticides, vaccines, machinery, equipment, agricultural equipment, irrigation and drinking water machinery, the environment materials, the production of improved seeds and seed reproduction locally, provide products for the national agricultural transmutation industries in complementation of the national agricultural production circuits of the production, manufacturing and agricultural marketing.
6. Support the presence of a strong modern base of scientific research and technology transfer to back up the anticipated development in the production of crops and food commodities, stimulate the concerned authorities to adopt a program for the rehabilitation and development of agriculture, livestock, irrigation and water research and Industrial consultation, means of technology transfer and guidance, monitor the recent movement in science and agriculture technology around the world and coordinate with the production enterprises in order to achieve the optimal benefit from them.
7. Encourage private sector initiatives (national and foreign) by direct investment in large projects that utilize macro capacity economy with modern technologies and provide efficiency in production.
8. Support the initiation and development of markets, reinforce the capacity of the IT sector and means ofcombatingrisks, expand the agricultural insurance services and provide funding for agricultural production.
9. The production of seedlings, the establishment of nurseries and horticultural crops to increase productivity, improve the quality and localize technologies (courses in the production and breeding seedlings – protected cultivation – post harvest activities – horticulture marketing).
10. Investment of the preferential features of each region in Sudan, so that each state or a number of states specialize in a particular product, for instance the White Nile State specializes in the production of sugar, and the River Nile and the Northern state specialize in the production of wheat, alfalfa and forage, Darfur and North Kordofan states in the production of red meat, Kassala in the production of fruits and fodder, and the Red Sea state in the production of fish and marine products, and so on. Certain agricultural areas shall be identified for the production of export goods in accordance with the high quality standards and encourage exports that achieve added value.
11. Support the creation of integrated agricultural services companies that assume the provision of all the to agricultural inputs, provide funding for producers and follow them up, and purchase, store, and process, and market the product, so that the producer is freed to focus on the production process and its development.
12. Support the establishment of specialized irrigation companies that undertake all irrigation operations in the national projects, provides support to the private sector through national specialists, train the staff and rationalize the use of water.
13. Provide marketing information to comply to the needs of foreign markets in terms of the types, quantities required, delivery dates, packaging and prices, expand competition in the market transactions through funding facilities to prevent monopoly and to strengthen and build storage containers.
14. Respond to the challenges of globalization resulting from WTO agreements and regional organizations by following the procedures for plant and animal health, adherence to specifications, quality assurance, the adoption of bio-safety procedures as a result of the negative effects of biotechnology products.
The Target Fields and Goods
1. Plan and Forest Products
The Vision focuses on the development of plant products in all sectors (irrigation sector – rainfall sector – groundwater irrigation sector), and the main products, which will concentrate on the following:
1. Food grains (wheat, rice and wheat).
2. Sugar cane.
3. Oilseeds (groundnut, sesame, sunflower, cottonseed).
4. Agricultural fodder.
7. Fruits, such as citrus fruits and mango (expansion in the production of the items in demand worldwide).
8. Forest (produced crops such as gum arabic).
9. Medicinal and aromatic plants.
10. Flowers and ornamental plants.
11. Agricultural bio energy products.
12. Development of dates production.
13. Animal Products
14. Develop traditional pastoral production base through the provision of water by water harvest projects, pasture improvement, organization of producer in economic hat can achieve development in production, efficiency and competitiveness of the product.
15. Encourage the development of animal production in irrigation, semi-automatic agricultural projects, and establish pastoral farms in the rain sector.
16. Improve breeds of cattle and sheep to increase production efficiency by generating artificial techniques, artificial insemination and embryo implant.
17. The development of local breeds of cattle, quality control of the production and quality of the genetic resource, rather than focusing only on the import of European breeds.
18. Stimulate producers to export slaughter meat, modernize slaughterhouses within the concept and thought of quality control, give attention to follow-up and implementation of meat processing operations so as to ensure the application of international quality systems that concern providing safe foodfromfarm to the consumer table, the consumer, follow-up hygiene, disinfection, pest control and laboratory quality control (waste treatment – environmental and health requirements).
19. Production of poultry as an alternative to red meat, encourage the production of point of lay pullets and middle age egg layer and broiler hens locally, as the basis for the start of broiler and egg layer farms in Sudan, the development of input poultry feed, the expansion of poultry feed industry for local consumption and export, encourage the private sector to develop the poultry vaccine industry and medicine industry.
20. Fish production alternative to red meat, develop and spread fish farming in various sizes as a pilot project in achieving progress in fish production, the best utilization of natural fisheries, develop the supporting industries and services for expansion in fish production, fish and marine animals feed and develop fish farming and breeding techniques.
21. Agricultural and livestock industries and related industries:
22. Sugar industry.
23. Textile industry.
24. Oil Industry.
25. Food canning Industries (tomato concentrate – drying onions – concentrates and fruit canning).
26. Dairy industry and its derivatives.
27. Red meat industry.
28. Leather industry.
29. Gum Arabic. Manufacturing
30. Fertilizers and pesticides manufacturing.
31. Non-traditional meat products: (mortadella, frankfurter, salami, pastrami, pepperoni, smoked cooked roast beef, kebab, buftiak, steak, shawrrma, beef bacon, smoked ham, stewed, kebabs, beeftic, acetic and cuts such as rump, sirloin, intercut …. etc.) .
32. Poultry products: (mortadella, frankfurter, shawerma, nuggets, roast chicken, salami, smoked cooked cuts, and fillet …. etc.).
33. Slaughter refuse: Processing of slaughter refuse: to benefit from animal waste as a source of increasing income of modern slaughterhouses, where economic return of the animal becomes very high. After processing the refuse turns extra benefits to humans, animals and soil in addition to achieving safety and environmental health of from pollution by getting rid of odors (leather – bones – gelatin – head – tail – blood – blood albumin – wool / hair / camel hair – endocrinology – extract of some limbs – brain – liver – pods / hooves – fats, oils bowel / covers natural – Esophagus / Bladder – urine – the spinal cord – manure – bogs).
34. Production inputs Industry (seeds – agricultural equipment and machinery – Irrigation equipment, pumps and conveyor belts – fertilizers and pesticides – veterinary medicines – vaccine- serums).
35. Provide raw materials for food industry based on agricultural raw materials.
36. Manufacture biofuels.
37. New and renewable energies:
The renewable energy in its broad sense includes all kinds of energy derived from the sun (solar energy) or wind energy or the bio mass, hydropower in addition to underground energy and the energy derived from the sea and ocean flow and ebb (tidal energy), In this regard, the Vision seeks to improve energy efficiency, rationalize its use, enhance the competitiveness of the productive sectors, preserve the environment through the use of clean energy technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and reduce pressure on forest resources, expand the use of renewable energy, the development of technologies and reduce the cost. It is as follows:
– Wind Energy: It is used in the new land sat the upper terraces.
– Solar energy can be used to pump water, generate electricity and dry crops after harvest and in the rest of the agricultural operations in rural areas.
– Biomass energy: It is an important type of renewable energy which can be invested, especially in rural areas. It takes several forms, including wood fuel, of agricultural products remnants, animal dung and ethanol from agricultural waste. Production units of biogas and composite can be developed and production from agricultural waste.
– Small hydro energies: The use of small hydro generators to provide people in remote areas with electricity (upstream water mountain-lagoons – canals – small dams within the projects of water harvesting), where electricity is stored in batteries or used immediately or delivered through wires to a network that supplies homes and small projects with electric current.