Sudan Foundation is a non-governmental, non-profitable and charity organization; established and registered in Sudan in May, 2015. The general assembly and board of trustees were composed of a number of Sudanese experts, professionals and highly-qualified personnel.
Sincere, dedicated and continuous work through community and private sector towards the renaissance and growth of the Sudan by achieving socio-economic development, production efficiency, alleviation of poverty and provision of work opportunities for the youth preparing them for future leadership of the Sudan.
Adopting scientific approaches and trust in Allah, to achieve the vision through eight domains; economic development, socio-cultural, production units, job opportunities and youth employment, water harvesting, sale points and informatics & information technology domains.
- Sincerity & impartiality.
- Trueness & honesty.
- Confidence & transparency.
- Commitment & discipline.
- Team work.
- Charity & perfection.
- Unity of purpose.
- Code of conduct, rule of law & humanitarian principles.
- Promoting the country and the people.
- Contributing to the development and the awareness of the community.
- Cooperation in benevolence.
- Provide models that lead to renaissance.
- Achieve the highest productivity and quality of agricultural product, increase the economic, environmental and social revenue in accordance with the bases of sustainability of agricultural resources and increasing of national income.
- Achieve social peace through sustainable rural development, conservation and good management of natural resources and expansion of production structure.
- Achieve water and food security, improving household incomes and reduce rural and urban poverty.
- Increase productivity and raise production efficiency and agricultural processing.
- Develop agricultural exports; both plant & animal exports and maximizing the contribution of agricultural sector in Sudan’s foreign trade.
- Generate employment opportunities for citizens and increasing per capita income and achieving balanced development for all regions of the country to encourage stability in rural areas.
- Develop and protect natural resources to ensure their sustainability and renewal.
- Agricultural production (Plant & animal production).
- Industrial production.
- Clean and renewable energy.
- Water harvesting and protection of environmental resources.
- Social, cultural and media work.
- Provision of funding, strengthening partnerships, promoting internal and external marketing.
- Support production units and sale points.
- Provision of job opportunities and youth employment.
- Capacity building and training of youth.
- Informatics and information technology.
- Management development, quality control and excellence.
(1) Agricultural production:
(A) Plant production:
- Conduct a number of field extension visits by internal and external expert to Al-Jazira scheme with the aim of increasing wheat production, expanding the cultivation and increasing the production of soybeans.
- Conduct a number of field extension visits by internal and external expert to Touzi scheme in Sinnar with the aim of expanding the cultivation and increasing the production of sunflower.
- Organizing a number of workshops in the field of pivotal irrigation technology to increase the cultivated areas and to transfer the technology to other areas in the country.
(B) Animal production:
- Conduct feasibility studies on using soybeans in poultry feed industry.
- Starting the desert sheep project in North Kordofan state with an area of 500 acres.
- Starting a fish feed production plant with a capacity of 5 tons per hour.
- Establishment of a farm for fattening the calves with a capacity of 2000 calves with a fattening fodder plant in the farm.
- Conduct feasibility study for a factory of assembling milk and processing dairy products.
(2) Industrial production:
- Conduct field visits to a number of textile factories (Al-Hassahissa, Nortix and al-Omari) in order to contribute to solving problems and overcoming obstacles.
- Prepare a study for up-grading Al-Kobaya oil factory and the oil extraction factory by using chemical solvents.
- Work on the development of a number of industrial production plants including integrated meat production plant, Abu Rjeila meat factory, Africa leather production factory, Arabic gum processing factory, plant & warehouse equipments factory, building material factory and industrial wares factory.
- Conducting economic feasibility studies for establishment and up-grading of industries (Modern Sudanese slaughterhouse project and dairy production project).
- Conducting economic feasibility studies for rehabilitation and up-grading of a number of production units (Wad Bilal village project, Africa University project, Al-Nubba village project, Association of Graduates of Egyptian Universities project and employees of the Republican Palace project).
(3) Clean and renewable energy:
- Conduct a study on Sudan’s suitability for the production of clean and renewable energy (Solar energy, wind energy and biogas).
- Implementing a number of workshops on environmental benefits for the use of clean and renewable energy technologies.
- Starting a project for production of gas using waste in partnership with the Supreme Council for Environment and Urban Development in Khartoum State.
- Starting a pilot project for production of biogas in Wausi and Wad Ramli villages in North Khartoum.
- Starting a project for agricultural irrigation by using solar energy in North Kordofan state with an area of 10 acres.
(4) Water harvesting and protection of environmental resources:
- Conduct studies for water projects (55 projects) in different areas in Sudan including (Dams, Haffirs, boreholes and wells) with a total cost of 106,000,000 SDG.
- Establishment of (7) haffirs in the states of (Khartoum, Gadaref, Kassala and North Kordofan) with a capacity of (466,000 cubic meter) and a total cost of (17,500,000 SDG).
- Starting a project for forest belt in Eastern Nile area with an area of 5 acres.
(5) Social, cultural and media work:
- Producing and broadcasting a number of documentaries on (Sudanese cultural heritage, voluntary work and water harvesting projects) in collaboration with some satellite channels.
- Training a number of national NGOs in areas of voluntary work and humanitarian assistance.
- Organizing a number of workshops and training courses on the culture of peace, peaceful coexistence and human right.
(6) Provision of funding, strengthening partnerships, promoting internal and external marketing:
- Preparing a number of studies on markets, marketing and cooperative societies.
- Organizing a workshop on strengthening public and private sector partnerships.
- Organizing an entrepreneurship forum for promotion and marketing of the projects of the Foundation.
(7) Support production units and sale points:
- Establishment of (6) sale points in Khartoum as a model (Later the project will be expanded to other states in Sudan).
- Conduct a study for provision of funding for the production units and sales points.
(8) Provision of job opportunities and youth employment:
- A number of workshops and meetings were held with participation of relevant government agencies and the private sector on youth employment issues.
- Preparing studies on unemployment and its impact as an economic, social and developmental handicap.
- Starting a project for the employment of young people benefiting from waste recycling in Khartoum and to be extended to other states in Sudan.
- Conduct consultations with the Central Bank of Sudan to raise the minimum funding for microfinance projects to 50,000 SDG.
(9) Capacity building and training of youth:
- Organizing (36) workshops and training courses on management development, leadership, agricultural production & extension, voluntary work, development media.
(10) Informatics and information technology:
- Signing memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Centre for Information in the field of software incubators.
- Training of (300 programmers) in collaboration with the National Centre for Information.
- Establishment of a specialized information and data-base centre in the field of development to support export & import information and preparation of feasibility studies.
- Preparation of investment map for the states of Sudan.
(11) Management development, quality control and excellence:
- Establishment of an award for institutional excellence.
- Preparation of a guide on administrative reform and development in Sudan (Sudan Foundation’s initiative on administrative reform and development).
- Establishment of database for the management and quality control experts in Sudan.
(12) Studies, Researches & Surveys:
- Preparation studies and researches covering a number of fields in agricultural production (Jatropha cultivation, cotton cultivation, organic agriculture and seed propagation & production).
- Preparation studies and researches in the fields of sorghum energy production, biogas production, compost and hydro-metallic compounds, feed concentrates and oil industry.
- Conducting field surveys of Wausi and Wad Ramli villages in Khartoum state.
- States of Sudan, Central Bank of Sudan, Khartoum Bank, Humanitarian Aid Commission, Africa University, German Development Agency (GTZ), Waste Recycling Scheme, National Centre for Information, Administration of Dams, United Nations Industrial Development Fund (UNIDO), Supreme Council for Total Quality and Excellence, Supreme Council for Environmental and Rural Development, Aanab Integrated Solutions Company,